A 1903 photo of the Teme-Augama Anishnabai's sacred rock on Rabbit Lake. When the first dam was constructed in 1910, the eight-foot tall rock at Rabbit Point disappeared forever. This is one of only three photos, all in the Keewaydin Archives, known to exist. Little was known of the site until these photos were found. At first glance, the eye appears painted. It wasn't. It was a rare lichen-graph: lichen removed to create the image.
Courtesy of Keewaydin Camp.
Home Rupert Battle Rupert River Temagami Che-Mun
Forum Crees Camps Canoes Keewaydin Way Search About Contact Us
Maps and information herein are not intended for navigational use, and are not represented to be correct in every respect.
All pages intended for reference use only, and all pages are subject to change with new information and without notice.
The author/publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for use of the information on these pages.
Wilderness travel and canoeing possess inherent risk.
It is the sole responsibility of the paddler and outdoor traveler to determine whether he/she is qualified for these activities.
Copyright © 2000-2016 Brian Back. All rights reserved.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked document on an external site.