History of the Main Dock
The first dock of substance was built on the same location as the first dock, due south of the council ring. It was narrow but functional and was in place by 1906. Instead of taking canoes out to unload the steamers, they were then able to steam right to the island. The Temagami (above left) and Bobs were two of the earliest on the lake, coming after the railway arrived in 1904.
The diving tower and slide (below) were added by 1910. The preference in bathing wear was overwhelmingly none at all.
Photos: Keewaydin archives
Maps and information herein are not intended for navigational use, and are not represented to be correct in every respect.
All pages intended for reference use only, and all pages are subject to change with new information and without notice.
The author/publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for use of the information on these pages.
Wilderness travel and canoeing possess inherent risk.
It is the sole responsibility of the paddler and outdoor traveler to determine whether he/she is qualified for these activities.
Copyright © 2000-2013 Brian Back. All rights reserved.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked document on an external site.